Whether you are looking to lose weight, maintain or gain weight, purchasing the best weight scale for home use can be a helpful step in the process. According to studies, having your scale thus weighing regularly can promote weight loss and make it easier to adopt healthy habits in the long run. Today weighing scales for home use tell you more than just your weight, and some scales your water percentage, your body fat percentage, while some even calculate your body mass index (BMI).
Bathroom scales range from traditional models to digital or body fat scales, and your needs determine the choice. However, there are many options in the market, which can be tricky to decide which one is the best for your home. Therefore, we have compiled a list of the best bathroom scales with their pros and cons and have included a detailed buying guide to help you make an informed decision.
1. RENPHO Bluetooth Body Fat Scale
- Renpho smart app works in connection with fitness apps. Easy setup app...
- 13 essential body measurements. Body weight shows on the scale, other...
- User-friendly app. Download Renpho app at App Store or Google Play,...
- High-Quality Innovation. Auto calibration, high precision sensors...
- Monitor your progress, unlimited users and baby weighing mode. Renpho...
The Renpho smart digital scale has plenty of positive reviews online compared to other scales, and users prefer this smart bathroom scale for various reasons. To start with, the Renpho digital scale is very accurate and has a user-friendly design. The scale measures both your weight and connects to a corresponding phone app that assists you in tracking up to 13 metrics, including your skeletal muscle, body mass index, bone mass, and many other things, to give you a complete picture of your health. It can also be connected to other health apps like Fitbit App, Apple Health, Samsung Health, or Google Fit to have all your health data in one place.
The Renpho is one of the best bathroom scales because it combines the best features and is quite easy to set up. The digital bathroom scale features four high-precision sensors and also some electrodes to guarantee more precise weight measurements than other scales in the same price range. Additionally, the Renpho smart scale can allow users to set their health goals and save the data from allowing them to track their progress after some time. It does not need to be connected to work, and it usually syncs data later once your phone is near the bathroom scale.
2. Withings/Nokia Body + Body Composition Wi-Fi Scale
- #1 SELLING SMART SCALE IN THE US
- FULL BODY COMPOSITION - Monitors weight (kg, lb, st), body fat & Water...
- HIGHLY COMPATIBLE - This smart scale syncs with apple watch plus more...
- AUTOMATIC SYNCHRONIZATION - Data from every weigh-in appears...
- ACCURATE BY DESIGN - Wi-Fi ensures that your measurement is accurate...
Withings digital bathroom scales are one of the best smart bathroom scales because it is a full-body composition scale suitable for users to achieve their health goals and can be used with up to eight users. Withings, formerly a Nokia, can give an accurate weight reading of a user's weight and read the muscle, fat, bone mass, and body water percentage. It is one of the smart scales that connect to the Health Mate app via Wi-Fi, and therefore a user doesn't have to track their weight loss or gain manually and can look at the progress made.
The Withings bathroom scale also features an athlete mode which is a weight tracking setting meant for the extremely fit users because their body composition is different from users who casually work out. The athlete mode calculates muscle and fat using a different algorithm. Another feature the bathroom scale includes is the Pregnancy tracker that can guide a woman all through pregnancy, keeping track of their body changes in terms of weight, BMI, body fat, bone mass, muscle mass, etc. The other feature is the baby mode that allows a parent to track their baby's growth by holding the child in their arms and stepping on the scale.
The bathroom scale uses four AAA batteries included when you make your scale purchase, and they last up to 18 months; you can track the battery usage through the app where it will also show you the remaining battery percentage.
- Features a rechargeable battery
- It has a sleek and stable design
- The scale syncs via Bluetooth and Wifi
- Shows the weather forecast
- Auto-user recognition
- Provides accurate weight readings
- The body fat scale can track data for up to eight users
- Sends data automatically to your phone
- Bonus features like athlete mode, pregnancy mode, baby mode, wellness programs
- The app could be improved
- The arterial health feature is difficult to use.
3. EatSmart Precision Plus Digital Bathroom Scale
- Extra wide, spacious platform: Oversized 8mm tempered glass platform...
- Highly Visible Readout: 3.6" x 2" LCD display features large digits...
- Expanded Capacity: Weigh up to 440 LB(200 KG) in measurements of 0.2...
- Includes: Auto off to conserve battery life, 2 AAA batteries and an...
- Helpful hints: Calibration is necessary for first use. After inserting...
EatSmart Precision Plus smart scale comes with a 4.3-inch backlit easy-to-read display and provides accurate reading each time the bathroom scale is used and not readings from memory. It is among the digital bathroom scales with the best weight range with a weight capacity of 440 pounds. The digital scale responds immediately when you step on it and is suitable for individuals with a larger than average shoe size. The scale features an auto-off and on-the-button that helps a user save batteries that make the bathroom scale easy to use and is very silent, making no beeps when in use.
EatSmart Precision Plus Bathroom Scale is one of the best bathroom scales if you search for a basic scale to check your weight trends that only measure your body weight but not the BMI, body water weight, body fat, or muscle mass. The best weight scale for home use is made of a high-quality tempered glass material that is durable and features an excellent battery life using AAA batteries with an auto-off function to help a user preserve the batteries.
- Sturdy build
- Easy to set up and use
- Silent with no beep
- Accurate reading
- Features a wide platform
- Durable scale thanks to the material
- Two-year warranty
- Does not measure muscles mass, bone mass, BMI, or body fat percentage
4. Taylor Precision 7506 Smart Scale
- High Accuracy: Four Precision Sensors ensures best accuracy and...
- Strong Design: 13.0" x 11.7" Curved glass durable platform. 8M...
- Function: Auto on and off, low battery indicator, and easy to read...
- Taylor Precision Products: For 170 years, Taylor has been dedicated to...
- USA Based: In house design, marketing, engineering, and customer...
Taylor Precision Glass and Chrome Digital Scale is a budget-friendly bathroom scale that gives you a total analysis of your body weight without a lot of hassle. Like most bathroom scales, it is easy to operate, and once a user steps on it, they wait for a few seconds for the reading to stabilize then get their weight measurements. With an auto-off function, it will display your weight for five seconds then turns itself off to help in the conservation of batteries. The scale features a one-inch LCD screen that is quite easy to read even for any tall person, but it does not have a backlight.
The name Glass and Chrome Digital Scale are because the bathroom scale has a chrome finish, and the wide platform is made of tempered glass with a chrome base. The scale includes and uses a lithium R2032 coin-cell battery commonly used in calculators and watches and packs an attractive five-year warranty. However, to ensure accuracy, it is recommended that the scale is in such placement that it's balanced like on a stationary flat floor.
5. Etekcity Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scale
- First-Rate Quality: Don't settle for less! As the #1 selling brand of...
- Consistent Accuracy: Benefit from 8 years of professional experience....
- Easy to Use: The scale is equipped with an easy-to-read display with...
- Modern Design: The scale’s smooth line design fits in easily with...
- A Durable Choice: The scale’s 6-mm tempered glass platform provides...
Etekcity Digital is a top choice for choosing a bathroom scale to measure weight gain or loss, and it's popular for its high-quality features and reliable readings. The smart scale features high precision sensors that guarantee accurate readings every time a user steps on it, and with the backlit screen, it's easy to read the figures. The bathroom scale has a weight capacity of 400 pounds, and the smart scale is very responsive and shows you your weight with a blue LCD that displays for 10 seconds.
Etekcity Digital scale is one of the most recommended budget bathroom scales with a sleek profile and works well with most bathroom decors. The bathroom scale can measure your weight in pounds or kilograms and does not make sounds such as beeps, and it turns itself off instantly. It is among the best smart scales with auto-zero, auto-calibration, and an overload indicator.
What to Consider Before Purchasing the Best Weight Scales for Home Use
Digital bathroom scales offer more accuracy than analog ones because the analog spring tends to loosen over time. To check the accuracy of an analog scale, once you step on it, it should go back to zero, and if it does not, you should adjust it accordingly.
2. Weight Capacity
If you are a customer in the average weight range, then your choice is not limited, and you can use your favorite bathroom scales. However, for customers over 400 pounds, the best weight scale for home use options is limited, so ensure you check the weight capacity of your potential body fat scales to avoid purchasing a scale that won't help your needs.
Notably, the mechanical scales can withstand a weight capacity of up to 270 kgs, suitable for someone looking for a high weight capacity. But if you don't mind a new bathroom scale with a lower weight capacity, the digital scales can work for you.
3. Body Composition Measurements
The body composition measurements usually record a ratio of fat mass against the lean tissue. Nowadays, most modern scales usually show a full user's health profile in different measurements, including BMI, body fat percentage, water weight, muscle mass, bone mass, and a lot more. If this is a factor you would like in your scale, you should choose a bathroom scale with these features included.
4. Type of Scale
There are two main scale types and include digital and analog. Analog scales are a cheaper option that uses an interior spring that compresses when the scale is weighed and the reading displays on the dial. They don't need batteries and rely on the human eye for accurate readings. On the other hand, digital scales need batteries to run, and they show the results on a digital readout display. It would be best to choose depending on your preference, even though most people use digital scales nowadays.
5. Other Features
This is a factor solely based on the customer because some customers are looking for basic consistent, and accurate readings of their weight. In contrast, others are interested in checking their overall health and monitor fitness goals. For individuals looking for a gadget that measures weight, only the suitable scales would be simple models since every model has different features. Most scales with bonus features can calculate the weight, body fat, body water percentage, visceral fat rating, bone tissue, muscle mass, BMI, and fluid in your body.
Some of these bonus features include the scale's ability to store personal data use, and this helps keep track o the user's information from just one device. Another bonus feature can be the scale's ability to connect to Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, and it should be a necessary consideration if you intend on syncing your information. Some scales can sync with both, while others can only use either of the ones.
The best bathroom scales come with a backlight while others don't, but this is an important feature if you need to measure yourself in the dark. If not, it's not much of a big deal. Keep in mind that a backlight function usually drains the scale's batteries a lot faster than scales that don't have a backlight.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is an acceptable body fat percentage?
The amount of acceptable fat is different for men and women where the men's is typically around 2-5% and for the women's is 10-13%. For men, the healthy body fat percentage range is defined to be 8-19%, whereas, for women, the healthy body fat percentage range is 21-33%.
2. Where is the best location to weigh yourself at home?
The proper way to have a weigh-in in your home is to place in an even hard surface with no carpeting or cushioning underneath and weigh yourself every morning after you empty your bladder and before you consume anything. Additionally, possibly have little to nothing while weighing as clothes can make your weigh-in inaccurate and stand still distributing your weight evenly on both your feet.